01 猎取工作不容易(1 / 2)

第一堂

初涉职场

01 猎取工作不容易

制作简历学问大

dialogue

john is going to send his resume to a pany. and he asks tom for some advice.

约翰想把简历发到一家公司,于是他向汤姆征求建议。

john: i am going to send my resume to the human resources department. could you do me a favor and proofread it?

约翰:我准备把简历投到人力资源部,你能帮忙看看,有哪些地方需要修改吗?

tom: of course! let me have a look. well, i think you should add another section.

汤姆:好的,我看一下。嗯,我觉得你应该再添加一条。

john: which section?

约翰:哪一条?

tom: i know you can speak japanese, why don't you as well put that on your resume?

汤姆:我知道你会讲日语,为什么不把这点写在简历上呢?

john: butnguages have nothing to do with my major.

约翰:但是语言跟我的专业没多大联系。

tom: people would be impressed by yournguage abilities and human resources directors want to see more of a well-rounded person in a resume.

汤姆:你的语言能力能给人留下印象,而且人力资源部门的领导也希望通过简历能对一个多才多艺的人有更多的了解。

john: the resume is just a piece of paper.can they tell what kind of person i am through it?

约翰:简历只是一张纸,他们能从上面看出我是怎样的一个人吗?

tom: as a job hunter, it is important to impress others, and the resume can be helpful in giving a good impression to a potential employer.

汤姆:作为一名求职者,重要的是给人留下深刻的印象,而简历能帮你给潜在的雇主留下一个好印象。

notes

1. resume [ri'zju:m] n. 简历

2. do sb. a favor 给某人恩惠,帮某人的忙

3. have nothing to do with 跟……没有关系

4. well-rounded ['wel'raundid] adj. 全面的;多才多艺的

5. give a good impression to sb. 给某人留一个好印象

小贴士

1. i graduated from foreignnguage department of qinghua university in 2011.

我在2011年毕业于清华大学外国语学院。

2. business english is my major.

我的专业是商务英语。

也可以这样说:

i majored in business english.

3. my second foreignnguage is japanese.

我的第二外语是日语。

4. i passed tem 8 and my second foreignnguage german has reached primary level.

我通过了全国英语专业八级考试,德语作为第二外语已经达到初级水平。

5. i was the president of the student union of our university.

我曾担任过学校的学生会主席一职。

6. i am quite proficient in english and i am good at dealing with people from other cultures.

我的英语很熟练,并擅长与不同文化背景的人沟通。

满怀希望寻职缺

dialogue

becky is making a phone call to shanghaiunch pany to inquire whether the position of sales assistant is avable or not.

贝基正在给上海蓝旗公司打电话咨询销售助理一职是否还有空缺。

laura: hello. shanghaiunch pany. this isura. how can i help you?

劳拉:你好,上海蓝旗公司。我是劳拉,请问有什么需要帮忙的吗?

becky: hello. this is becky. i am calling for the sales assistant. i saw the information about the vacancy from online job websites. is it still open?

贝基:你好,我是贝基。我打电话是想咨询销售助理一职。我在招聘网站上看到了你们的招聘信息。这个职位还有空缺吗?

laura: thank you for your interest. the position is still avable. have you already sent your resume to us?

劳拉:感谢您对我们公司的关注。这个职位还在招聘。你投过简历了吗?

becky: no, not yet. because i am not sure whether the position is still vacant or not. could you give me more information about the position requirement?

贝基:还没有,因为我不确定这个职位是否还有空缺。关于职位要求您能多提供一些信息吗?

laura: of course. the interviewee must be good at municating and have a sense of responsibility. the most important is that you must have a supple mind. if all these are not problems for you, i remend you to mention them in your resume.

劳拉:当然可以。面试者必须要善于交流,有责任感。最重要的是必须要有灵活的头脑。如果这些对你来说没有问题,我建议你在简历中提到这些。

becky: okay. the experience in the student council as a minister will evidence my qualifications. besides i can get along well with my friends and college ssmates. thanks for offering more information to me. i will send my resume soon.

贝基:好的。担任学生会部长的经历能证明我具备贵公司所要求的能力。此外我和朋友、大学同学相处得都很融洽。谢谢你为我提供更多信息。我很快就会把简历发过去的。

laura: you're wele. goodbye.

劳拉:不客气,再见。

becky: goodbye.

贝基:再见。

notes

1. assistant [?'sist?nt] n. 助手,助理,助教

2. vacancy ['veik?nsi] n. 空地,空房;空缺,空职

3. avable [?'veil?bl] adj. 可利用的;有空的;有效的

4. supple ['s?pl] adj. 适应性强的;灵活的;柔软的

5. minister ['minist?] n. 部长,大臣;外交使节;牧师

小贴士

1. could you help me figure out how to look for aj ob?

您能告诉我怎样才能找到工作吗?

2. now there is a position avable as a graphic designer. are you interested in it?

现在有一个平面设计师的职位空缺。你对这个工作感兴趣吗?

3. i'm enquiring about the position in your website for a market manager. is this position still open?

我在你们公司网站上看到了你们要招聘市场经理,我想问一下这个职位还空着吗?

4. are there any vacancies?

请问还有职位空缺吗?

5. can i still apply for the avable position?

我还能申请这个空缺的职位吗?

6. will you tell me if your firm needs an experienced president assistant?

你能否告诉我贵公司是否需要一名有经验的总裁助理?

7. do you have any job for a part-time trantor?

你们是否有兼职翻译的工作?

精神百倍去面试

dialogue

eve got an interview notice yesterday. now she is being interviewed.

伊芙昨天接到了面试通知,现在她正在接受面试。

interviewer: can you tell me about yourself and your past experience?

面试官:能介绍一下你自己和你过去的经历吗?

eve: i have been working as a secretary for 5 years in a trust pany. i got along well with my boss, clients, and colleagues.i thrived on challenge and worked well in high-stress environments.

伊芙:我在一家信托公司做了5年的秘书。我和老板、客户以及同事都相处得非常好。我能应付挑战,而且在高压环境中也能工作很出色。

interviewer: how is your typing skill?

面试官:你的打字速度怎么样?

eve: i can type 120 chinese words a minute.

伊芙:我能一分钟打120个汉字。

interviewer: sometimes we need to work overtime. how do you feel about that?

面试官:有时候我们需要加班,你觉得如何?

eve: that's all right. but may i know how often and how many hours i should work overtime?

伊芙:没关系,你能告诉我加班的频率和时间长度吗?

interviewer: it all depends. if we have important visiting delegations, you have to stay with us. it's not unusual.

面试官:这得看情况。如果我们有重要的访问代表团,你必须留在我们身边,这种情况很正常。

eve: okay. i see.

伊芙:好的,我知道了。

interviewer: what are your sry expectations?

面试官:你期望多少薪水?

eve: maybe you could tell me what is budgeted for the position.

伊芙:或许你可以告诉我这个职位的预算报酬是多少。

interviewer: 1200 yuan , with raises after three months ording to your petence.

面试官:起薪每月1200元,3个月后会根据你的表现增加薪水。

eve: i can't ept it. although i really like the job, i have to raise myself first.

伊芙:这个我不能接受。尽管我很喜欢这份工作,但我首先得养活自己。

interviewer: i am sorry to hear that. i wish you could find a satisfying job.

面试官:很遗憾,希望你能找到满意的工作。

eve: thank you, bye-bye.

伊芙:谢谢,再见。

interviewer: bye-bye.

面试官:再见。

notes

1. trust pany 信托公司

2. thrive on 在……上蓬勃发展

3. expectation [,ekspek'tei??n] n. 预料;期望

4. ording to 根据,按照

小贴士

break a leg

break a leg当然不是“断了一条腿”的意思,这是一个颇怪异的祝福语。这个俚语源自莎士比亚的舞台传统。演出结束后,演员一般要到前台谢幕,如果表演出色,一般会赢得台下观众的“小费”。接受了小费,演员要弯腿行“屈膝礼”表示感谢。因此,“break a leg”成了希望演员演出成功的形象表达。逐渐地,“break a leg”的语义范围扩大,不仅仅用于演出,也可用于祝福某人试镜、考试或者面试成功。

例如:

break a leg in your interview today. 祝你今天面试成功。

薪资待遇要谈妥

dialogue

it needs skills to get ideal sry during an interview. let's see how does jim do it.

在面试时,要得到理想的薪资是需要技巧的。让我们看看吉姆是怎样做的。

interviewer: what's your expected sry?

面试官:你期望的薪水是多少?

jim: i expect to be paid ording to my capacity.