01 接待客户(2 / 2)

can i get you something to drink?

8. i will show you the way. please follow me.

我来领路,请跟我来。

介绍参观公司

dialogue

dan is invited to pay a visit to the factory of his potential cooperator.

丹受邀参观合作客户的工厂。

manager: thank you for ing today.

经理:感谢您今天的到来。

dan: i have been longing for visiting your factory for a long time.

丹:我早就想来参观你们的工厂了。

manager: the tour shouldst about two hours. you need to wear this hard hat. i'll acpany you to take a look around the factory and show you our machines in operation.

经理:整个参观大概要持续两个小时。你需要戴上这顶安全帽。我会带您到处看看,展示一下机器的运行状况。

dan: that'll be very interesting. howrge an area does this nt cover?

丹:那一定很有意思。厂房面积有多大?

manager: it covers an area of 5000 square meters.

经理:它的占地面积有5000平方米。

dan: what time was your factory established?

丹:你们的工厂什么时候建的?

manager: some ten years ago by merging two small-sized ones. the production line is fully automated and puter-controlled.

经理:大约10年前由两个小规模的工厂合并而成的。我们的生产线都是全自动由电脑控制的。

dan: how do your quality control systems operate?

丹:你们的质量控制系统是怎么运行的?

manager: there're a total of six checks in the whole manufacturing process. all products have to pass strict inspections before they go out.

经理:在整个生产过程中共有6道检查关。所有的产品在出厂前必须经过严格的检查。

dan: it gave me a good idea of your products. i was very impressed. you have excellent facilities and efficient stuff. if it is not too much trouble, i would like to talk with your general manager.

丹:这让我对你们的产品有了一个很好的了解,我真是大开眼界了。你们拥有精良的设备和高效率的员工。如果方便的话,我想和你们的总经理谈一下。

notes

1. hard hat 安全帽;保守派人士

2. merge [m?:d?] v. 合并,融合,兼并

3. automated ['?:t?umeitid] adj. 自动化的

4. impress [im'pres] n. 印记,印象;特征;v. 使……有印象;影响;传送

小贴士

1. i can set up a tour next thursday.

我可以安排下周四参观。

2. are they satisfied with the working conditions?

他们对工作条件满意吗?

3. i thoroughly enjoyed the tour of your pany. it provided a great insight into the pany we will be dealing with.

参观你们公司让我非常愉快,它让我们深入了解了即将与之合作的公司。

4. where can we see your plete lines?

在哪可以看到你们公司全部的样品种类?

5. to keep up with overwhelming customer response, our pany expanded rapidly.

为了适应顾客的热烈反应,我们迅速发展。

6. would you please tell me your schedule so that we can arrange the visit for you?

请告诉我您的行程,以便我们为您安排参观。

7. the firm was set up in the early 70s.

公司成立于70年代早期。

8. we shall be pleased to show you some of our electronic products.

我们将很乐意向您展示我们所出售的各类电子产品。

妥善安排宴会

dialogue

tom's pany has invited a foreign customer to negotiate the business. his director jim asked him to arrange avish buffet to entertain their customer.

汤姆的公司邀请了一位国外的客户来洽谈生意。他的主管吉姆要他安排一个丰盛的自助餐来招待客户。

jim: hey, guy. i am very d to see you.

吉姆:嗨,伙计。见到你真是太高兴了。

tom: really? can i be of any assistance to you?

汤姆:是吗?我能为你做点什么?

jim: you know that mr. gates just came to our pany to work out a deal with us.we must arrange a dinner to wele his ing. and i want to take the task to you.

吉姆:你知道的,盖茨先生刚刚来到我们公司洽谈生意。我们要为他接风洗尘,我想把这个任务交给你。

tom: are we going to have a dinner this evening?

汤姆:今晚要举办宴会吗?

jim: a buffet. you should allow for the guest's eating habits and then select appropriate food for him, not only serving yourself.

吉姆:是自助餐宴会。要考虑到客户的饮食习惯,然后为他挑选合适的食物,而不是根据自己的胃口选择。

tom: that's a little difficult. can't you give the task to someone else?

汤姆:有点难。你能不能让别人来做这事儿呢?

jim: no, sorry, i can't. it belongs to you.

吉姆:对不起,不能。非你莫属。

notes

1. work out 解决,确定;想出;制订出;计算

2. deal [di:l] n. 协定,交易;大量;v. 应付;处理;交易,经营

3. buffet ['b?fit] n.自助餐,饮食柜台;打击;v. 连续猛击,打击

4. allow for 考虑到,顾及;为……留出余地

5. banquet ['b??kwit] n. 宴会;v. 参加宴会

小贴士

很多时候,一些谈判和商讨都是在餐桌上完成的,一顿成功的商务晚餐可以令任何一种商业关系得到巩固。选定餐厅之前,东道主要先把共餐者对食物和地点的偏好弄清楚,才不至于发生尴尬事件。西方的商务宴客方式主要有:

seated dinners 宴会(较正式,嘉宾每人都有各自固定的席位)

receptions 招待会

buffet dinners 自助餐(也称冷餐会)

cocktail parties 鸡尾酒会(时尚发布会后经常举办类似酒会)

some etiquette you can't miss

1. if you don't like what's being served, don't say so.

2. don't put your used napkin on the top of the table.

3. if something that goes into your mouth must e out because it's unchewable, don't spit it out or into the napkin.

4. cut only two or three pieces of meat at a time.

5. signal the servers that you are still eating by cing your fork and knife in an inverted v on your te from the 10 to 2 o'clock positions.

6. turn cell phones off when at dinner.

不可不知的餐桌礼仪

1. 如果不喜欢餐桌上的食物,也不要说出来。

2. 不要把用过的餐巾放在桌子上面。

3. 吃到难以下咽的东西,也不要吐出来或吐在餐巾纸上。

4. 吃肉时每次最多切成两到三块。

5. 如果要提示服务员继续用餐,把餐叉和小刀放在你盘子上10点到2点钟的位置成倒v状。

6. 用餐时把手机关掉。