01 社会热点(2 / 2)

我们应该不遗余力地美化我们的环境。

买房——想说爱你不容易

dialogue

buying a house is a heavy load for young office worker.

买房对年轻的上班族来说是繁重的负担。

dick: what about your rtionship with lily now, sam?

迪克:你和莉莉的关系现在怎么样了,山姆?

sam: we are going to marry at the end of this year. now we are nning to buy a house that we like.

山姆:我们年底就要结婚了。现在我们正打算买一套喜欢的房子。

dick: have you found a proper one?

迪克:找到合适的了吗?

sam: yes, we have found several houses that we like. but the only problem is the high prices of these houses.

山姆:是的,找到了几个我们喜欢的房子。但唯一的问题是这些房子的价格都太高了。

dick: the house price is extraordinary high throughout the whole country. many people,especially the young, have encountered such difficulty.

迪克:全国的房价都非常高。很多人,尤其是年轻人,都遇到了这样的难题。

sam: so does me. the real estate is very hot in china in recent years. the house price is roaring just like a rocket. many people have been trapped by the house.

山姆:我也是啊。近年来中国的房地产行业很热门,房价就像火箭一样飙升。很多人都被房子束缚住了。

dick: it's really a hard life. they have to pay off the loan to the bank every month. they seldom have more extra money to do other things.

迪克:那种生活真是艰难。他们每个月不得不还银行贷款。很少有余款去做其他的事情。

sam: i'm really afraid that i would be also rendered as a mortgage ve in the future.

山姆:我很担心自己以后也会变成一个房奴。

dick: well, naked wedding is being more and more popr now. you can consider it if you like.

迪克:嗯,现在裸婚越来越流行了,你喜欢的话可以考虑一下。

sam: maybe we will choose to buy a second-hand house.

山姆:也许我们会选择买一套二手房。

notes

1. extraordinary [ik?str?:din?ri] adj. 不平常的,特别的,非凡的

2. trap [tr?p] v. 使中圈套,使陷入困境;n. 陷阱,困境

3. loan [l?un] v. 借出,贷给;n. 贷款;借,贷

4. extra [?ekstr?] adj. 额外的;n. 额外的事物(费用);adv. 特别地

5. render [?rend?] v. 使得,致使

6. mortgage [?m?:gid?] n. 抵押,抵押借款;v. 抵押

7. naked [?neikid] adj. 裸体的,赤裸裸的;无遮蔽的

小贴士

i have no cars, no money, no houses, no diamond rings, but i have one heart to grow old with you. when you are old, i still carry you and i will be your walking stick. when you have no teeth left, i will chew up food to feed you. i won't die before you, for leaving you alone in this world makes me worried.

我没车,没钱,没房,没钻戒,但是我有一颗陪你到老的心!等你老了,我依然背着你,我给你当拐杖;等你没牙了,我就嚼碎了再喂给你吃;我一定等你死了以后我再死,把你一个人留在这世上,没人照顾,我做鬼也不放心!

details defeat love. i have no advantage over you except my love to you.

细节打败爱情。我除了我爱你比你爱我多以外,我没有任何条件优越过你。

what is happiness? it depends on what you do rather than what you say.

幸福是什么?幸福不是你能说出来的,幸福是你实实在在做出来的。

食品安全不容忽视

dialogue

it's time to get off work. kane invites jim to go out for dinner.

该下班了,凯恩邀请吉姆到外面吃饭。

kane: let's go to the restaurant to have dinner, ok?

凯恩:我们一起去餐馆吃晚餐,好吗?

jim: i'm afraid to eat outside now. the food in such restaurants is not safe.

吉姆:我现在害怕去外面吃饭,餐馆里的饭不安全。

kane: why? you always eat there with me,don't you?

凯恩:为什么?你经常和我一起在外面吃饭,不是吗?

jim: yes, but recently i have heard the news that these restaurants cooked food with gutter cooking oil.

吉姆:是的,但是最近我听说这些餐馆用地沟油做饭。

kane: oh, god, that's terrible. it's very harmful to our health. how can they do that immoral thing?

凯恩:哦,天呐,太恐怖了。那对身体非常有害。他们怎么会做那种不道德的事?

jim: they do that just for money. the price of the recycled cooking oil is much cheaper than the edible oil.

吉姆:他们就是为了钱。地沟油的价格要比食用油的价格便宜很多。

kane: how deceitful these businessmen!

凯恩:这些商人真是太奸诈了!

jim: the problem of chinese food safety is very serious now. have you still remembered the contaminated milk powder incident in 2008? it really shocked the whole country. millions of people, especially the infants, have bee the victims of that.

吉姆:中国的食品安全问题现在很严峻。你还记得2008年的毒奶粉事件吗?真是震惊了全国。无数人都成为了那次事件的受害者,尤其是婴儿。

kane: that was really a big problem. fortunately my families had never bought that brand of milk powder.

凯恩:那真是一个大问题。所幸的是我家人从来没有买过那个牌子的奶粉。

jim: that was lucky. shall we go to my house to cook our dinner?

吉姆:那很幸运。我们去我家自己动手做晚餐好吗?

kane: good idea.

凯恩:好主意。

notes

1. immoral [i?m?r?l] adj. 不道德的

2. deceitful [di?si:tful] adj. 欺诈的,奸诈的

3. contaminate [k?n?t?mineit] v. 弄脏,污染

4. incident [?insid?nt] n. 事件,发生的事;事变

5. infant [?inf?nt] n. 婴儿,幼儿;adj. 婴儿的;幼稚的,初期的

6. victim [?viktim] n. 牺牲品,受害者

小贴士

gutter oil

“gutter oil” is made from discarded cooking oil and kitchen waste, which e mainly from restaurants such as cafeterias and canteens, but also from sewers.

that waste cooking oil is toxic undoubtfully. after being used many times in restaurants, cooking oil produces harmful substances like fatty and trans fattyacids, and even strong carcinogens like vacol.

地沟油

“地沟油”不仅提炼自像餐厅、食堂等饭店的废弃食用油和厨房垃圾,也提炼于下水道。

毫无疑问,废弃的食用油是有毒的,在被饭店的其他食用者多次使用之后,食用油会产生像脂肪酸和反式脂肪酸这样的有害物质;甚至还会产生黄曲霉素等致癌物质。

物价飞涨,工资不涨

dialogue

mary likes a handbag very much, but she can't afford it.

玛丽很喜欢一个手包,但是她没钱买。

mary: i really want to get that handbag. it's pretty beautiful.

玛丽:我真的很想买那个手包,它真是太漂亮了。

ada: so why not buy it? you can get it right now if you buy it.

艾达:那你为什么不买呢?你要买的话现在就可以得到它。

mary: i can't afford that high price. my purse is almost empty now.

玛丽:我付不起那么高的价钱,我的钱包现在都快空了。

ada: are you a moonlite, too?

艾达:你也是月光族吗?

mary: yeah, i'm forced to be a moonlite.there's little money left by the end of each month.

玛丽:是啊,我是被逼成月光族的。每个月末基本上都不剩钱。

ada: me, too. the price of the goods is too high. i almost can't afford it.

艾达:我也是。商品价格太高了,我几乎承受不起了。

mary: i have the same feeling with you. the cost of life is almost unaffordable to me.

玛丽:我和你有同样的感觉。我快要负担不起生活成本了。

ada: the intion and the low ine make life harder than before.

艾达:通货膨胀和低收入让生活变得比以前艰难了。

mary: we should ask the manager to raise our sries.

玛丽:我们应该要求经理给我们涨工资。

ada: it'll be no more better if our requests can be fulfilled.

艾达:如果我们的要求能满足的话就再好不过了。

notes

1. afford [??f?:d] v. 买得起,担负得起;提供,给予

2. force [f?:s] v. 强迫,逼迫;用力推动;n. 军队;暴力

3. intio [in?flei??n] n.通货膨胀

4. ine [?ink?m] n. 收入,所得,收益

5. sry [?s?l?ri] n. 薪金,薪水

小贴士

1. i ask my boss to raise my sry.

我要求老板给我涨工资。

2. workers strongly demand for a higher sry.

工人们极力要求涨工资。

3. what is your opinion about pay raise?

你对涨工资怎么看?

4. the price begins to soar.

物价开始飞涨。

5. people are discontented with intion.

人们对物价飞涨普遍不满。