02 聚会(1 / 2)

02 聚会

公司聚会要参加

dialogue

the boss sent an invitation to every employee to a party. but susan isck of interest about the party.

老板给每个职员都发了聚会请柬,但是苏珊不太想去。

susan: hi, julie. i just received an invitation to a party from our boss.

苏珊:嗨,朱莉。我收到了老板的请柬,他请我们去参加聚会。

julie: i received one, too.

朱莉:我也收到了。

susan: are you going to join the party?

苏珊:你去吗?

julie: of course. aren't you?

朱莉:当然。你不去吗?

susan: i don't feel much like going there.

苏珊:我不太想去。

julie: why not? it's going to be a nice party at a japanese cuisine restaurant.

朱莉:为什么不去呢?那可是在一家日本料理店的聚会。

susan: i don't like japanese cuisine. besides, i dislike parties.

苏珊:我不喜欢日本料理,而且,我讨厌参加聚会。

julie: even if you don't enjoy parties, you should municate more with other colleagues. what's more, attendance at the pany party is a part of your job. part of the reason for inviting everyone is to build rapport among us in the pany.

朱莉:即使你不喜欢参加聚会,你也应该和同事多交流。而且参加聚会也是你的一项工作。举办这次聚会的原因之一就是想在公司里建立融洽的同事关系。

susan: you mean i must attend the party?

苏珊:你的意思是我必须要参加?

julie: of course. the boss expects everyone to be there. you may forego the party if you want to risk offending the boss.

朱莉:当然要去。老板希望每个人都要参加。如果你想得罪老板的话你可以不去。

susan: oh, that is to say i have no choice but to go to the party.

苏珊:噢,也就是说我没得选择只能去了。

notes

1. rapport [r?'p?:t] n. 关系;融洽的关系;相关,比例

2. offend [?'fend] v. 冒犯;犯罪;违反

小贴士

聚会上不适合谈论的话题:

1. personnel finance topics 个人财政状况的话题

2. personal health topics 个人健康方面的话题

3. controversial topics 有争议的话题

4. gossip 八卦

聚会上常用的祝酒词:

1. here's to you!

敬您一杯!

2. to your health!

祝你健康!

3. whatever you like!

请随意!

4. i'd like you to raise your ss and join me in a toast to the health of all our friends present here.

请各位举杯并同我一起为在座的所有朋友们的健康干杯!

5. may i propose a toast to oursting friendship and cooperation.

我提议为我们长久的友谊和合作干杯!

热闹的同学会

dialogue

jerry and john were ssmates when they were in high school. now they are in the high school reunions.

杰瑞和约翰是高中同学。现在他们在高中同学聚会上。

john: hey, jerry. i haven't seen you for ages.

约翰:嘿,杰瑞。很久没见你了。

jerry: yeah, it's been a long time! how is everything going?

杰瑞:是啊,很长时间了。一切可好?

john: pretty good, thanks. i have two boys in middle school and my business is going well. how have you been?

约翰:很好,谢谢。我有两个儿子在上中学,生意也一帆风顺。你好吗?

jerry: ah, you know me! i am a dedicated bachelor. i often fling myself upon my work,so i don't have time to date with girls.

杰瑞:啊,你了解我的。我是个敬业的单身汉。我经常埋头工作,没时间和女孩约会。

john: you haven't changed your inveterate habit. are you still delighted to be a bachelor at all times?

约翰:你的老毛病还是没改啊。你乐意就这样一直做你的单身汉?

jerry: aha, maybe.

杰瑞:啊哈,也许吧。

john: have you seen tony? i was hoping he would e tonight.

约翰:你看到托尼了吗?我希望他今晚上能来。

jerry: of course he es. we came here together.

杰瑞:他当然来了。我们一起来的。

john: why didn't i e across him? do you always keep in touch each other?

约翰:我怎么没碰到他?你经常和他联系吗?

jerry: we are in the same pany.

杰瑞:我们在一家公司上班。

john: oh, no wonder.

约翰:哦,难怪。

notes

1. dedicated ['dedi?keitid] adj. 专注的,献身的;专用的

2. bachelor ['b?t??l?] n. 单身汉;学士

3. fling oneself upo 毅然投身于;奋力从事

4. inveterate [in'vet?rit] adj. 根深蒂固的,成瘾的

5. at all times 随时;总是,一直

小贴士

1. i'm looking forward to the 10-year college homeing.

我一直盼望着十周年的大学校友会。

2. we often hold homeing during the spring festival.

我们经常在春节举行同学会。

3. hi, haven't seen you for a long time.

嗨,好久不见了。

也可以这样说:

hi, long time no see!

4. what a surprise! you got married with ie. you looked like enemies in high school.

真没想到!你居然和麦琪结婚了。在高中时你们就像是仇人。

5. the alumni association is great! i meet many college ssmates that have lost contact long ago.

校友会太棒了!我见到了很久以前就失去联系的大学同学。

6. i hate to go to the school reunion, because i am in such a poor case.

我讨厌参加同学会,因为我的处境是如此地狼狈。

7. i almost forgot that today is our 20-year reunion.

我差点忘了今天是我们的20周年的同学会。

温馨浪漫婚礼

dialogue

it's the wedding of ie.

这是在麦琪的婚礼现场。

ie: hi, julie, sarah, i'm so d you take part in our wedding.

麦琪:嗨,朱莉、莎拉,真高兴你们来参加我们的婚礼。

julie: you are really beautiful today. many congrattions on your happy marriage!

朱莉:你今天真漂亮。祝你们幸福!

ie: thank you! i'm sorry, but i have to entertain other guests. please help yourselves.

麦琪:谢谢!很抱歉,我还要去招待其他的客人。请自便。

julie: ok, go ahead.

朱莉:好的,你去忙吧。

sarah: oh, julie, it's really a wonderful wedding, isn't it?

莎拉:哦,朱莉,这真是个很棒的婚礼,不是吗?

julie: yeah, it's very great. i think today ie is the most beautiful and happiest bride in the world.

朱莉:是呀,非常棒。我觉得今天麦琪是世界上最美丽、最幸福的新娘。

sarah: yes, her husband is all in all to her and very considerate. the bride and bridegroom's vows are quite moving. it seems that they are the most perfect match.

莎拉:嗯,他的丈夫很爱她,也很体贴。新郎新娘的结婚誓言也很感人。他们简直是天作之合。

julie: what about you and your boyfriend? when will you get married?

朱莉:那么你和你的男朋友呢?你们什么时候结婚?

sarah: we've been dating for over 5 years.but we haven't decided when to get married.

莎拉:我们已经恋爱5年了,但是我们还没决定什么时候结婚。

julie: ok, i'm looking forward to attending your wedding.

朱莉:哦,我也很期待参加你们的婚礼呢。

sarah: look! ie is going to throw the bride bouquet.

莎拉:看!麦琪要扔新娘花束了。

julie: oh, i'll try to catch it.

朱莉:噢,我要去接。

sarah: me, too.

莎拉:我也去。

notes

1. take part in 参加,参与

2. help yourself 请自便

3. all in all 总的来说;大体而言;头等重要之物

4. considerate [k?n'sid?rit] adj. 考虑周到的;体谅的,体贴的

5. vow [vau] n. 誓约;v. 发誓

6. bouquet [bu'kei] n. 花束;称赞;酒香

小贴士

婚礼誓言

在西方婚礼中,结婚誓词是婚礼上最重要的部分,发自肺腑的寥寥数语是新人对婚姻和一辈子的坚定承诺。

i(groom's name)take thee(bride's name)to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish, until death do us part,ording to god's holy ordinance; and there to i plight thee my troth.

我(新郎名)接受你(新娘名)成为我的合法妻子,从今以后永远拥有你,无论生活好坏,贫富与否,是否健康,我都会爱你,尊敬你并且珍惜你,直到死亡将我们分开。我向上帝宣誓,并向他保证我对你的神圣誓言。

婚礼相关词汇:

group wedding 集体婚礼

marriage certificate 结婚证

wedding banquet 婚宴

wedding march 婚礼进行曲

honeymoon 蜜月

wedding announcer 婚礼主持人

mixed marriage 跨国婚姻

remarriage/digamy 再婚

restoration of marriage 复婚

sh marriage 闪婚

property notarization before marriage 婚前财产公证

又长一岁了

dialogue

there's a party in susan's house for her birthday.

苏珊的家里正在举行一个聚会以庆祝她的生日。

susan: oh, karl. wele to my birthday party! it's good of you to e.

苏珊:噢,卡尔。欢迎来参加我的生日聚会! 你能来真是太好了。

karl: happy birthday, susan. here is a present for you! i hope you like it.

卡尔:祝你生日快乐,苏珊。我给你带了一个礼物,希望你能喜欢。

susan: oh, you're so thoughtful. thank you. what is it?

苏珊:哦,你想得真周到。谢谢你。是什么?

karl: why don't you open and see?

卡尔:你打开看看不就知道了吗?

susan: all right. wow, what a big surprise! thetest record from sarah brightman! thank you so much. you know i've been expecting this for a long time. i don't know how to thank you for the gift.

苏珊:好的。哇哦,这对我来说真是个大惊喜!是莎拉·布莱曼的最新专辑!真是太感谢你了。你知道的我期待它很久了。我真不知道该怎么感谢你。

karl: i'm very d to hear you like it.

卡尔:很高兴你喜欢这个礼物。

julie: here es the birthday cake.

朱莉:蛋糕来了。