02 聚会(2 / 2)

susan: i must first make a wish.

苏珊:我要先许个愿。

julie: but don't tell us, or the wish won't e true.

朱莉:但是别告诉我们哟,否则愿望就不会实现了。

karl: oh, the candles all went out. i wish your dreams will e to fruition.

卡尔:噢,蜡烛全吹灭了。希望你的愿望能实现。

susan: thank you. now let's enjoy the cake.

苏珊:谢谢。现在我们一起吃蛋糕吧。

notes

1. thoughtful ['θ?:tf?l] adj. 深思的;体贴的

2. make a wish 许愿

3. e true(预言、期望等)实现,成为事实

4. go out 外出;过时;(潮)退;(灯)熄;终止;公布

5. fruition [fru:'i??n] n. 取得成果,成就;实现,完成

小贴士

如何拒绝聚会上的“劝吃劝喝”:

1. sorry, i'm not used to drinking.

我不喝酒。

2. i have quit drinking.

我已经戒酒了。

3. i'm on diet.

我在节食。

4. i have had quite enough. i can't take another bite.

我吃撑了,一口都吃不下了。

5. no, thank you. i'm really up.

不用了,谢谢。我真的吃饱了。

6. i cannot drink because i will have to drive back home after the party.

我不能喝酒,聚会结束后我还得开车回家呢。

唱歌就来ktv

dialogue

tom and karl are discussing how to treat their partners.

汤姆和卡尔正在讨论怎么犒劳他们的搭档。

tom: the project was a big ess. now it's finished, all credit goes to our coworkers.

汤姆:这个项目很成功。现在已经完成了,这都归功于我们的同事。

karl: yeah, i think we should take them out to celebrate this weekend.

卡尔:是的,我觉得这个周末应该带他们去庆祝一下。

tom: do you have any good ideas?

汤姆:你有什么好主意吗?

karl: we could invite them all to dinner at the bear restaurant, then e to a pub for drinks.

卡尔:我们可以邀请他们去比尔饭店聚餐,然后到酒吧喝点东西。

tom: good idea. but i have another estion. why don't we go to a ktv and sing?

汤姆:好主意。但是我还有个提议。为什么不去ktv唱歌?

karl: a ktv? i have never been to one.

卡尔:去ktv?我从来没去过。

tom: never? really? i'm surprised.

汤姆:没去过?真的?我很惊讶。

karl: i don't like singing at all, plus i am tone-deaf. are you good at singing?

卡尔:我一点也不喜欢唱歌,而且我五音不全。你唱歌拿手吗?

tom: just so so. but you know many employees in our pany feel that going to a ktv would be fun.

汤姆:还可以。但是你知道吗?我们的很多同事都觉得去ktv 会很好玩。

karl: okay, let's go to the best ktv of this city after dinner. i can be a good listener.

卡尔:好吧,那我们聚餐后就去全市最好的卡拉ok厅唱歌去。我可是一个很好的听众哦。

notes

1. credit ['kredit] v. 归功于;相信;记入贷方;n. 贷款;功劳

2. pub [p?b] n. 酒吧,酒馆

3. tone-deaf ['t?un?def] adj. 音盲的,五音不全的

小贴士

1. i'd like to request a song. please let me look through the sing list.

我想点首歌。请让我看一下点歌单。

2. let's sing a duet.

来个二重唱吧。

3. my singing is out of tune.

我唱歌总跑调儿。

也可以这样说:

i have no ear for music.

4. hey, jerry, what's your karaoke specialty?

嘿,杰瑞,你唱卡拉ok有什么拿手的歌吗?

也可以这样说:

hey, jerry, what's your best song?

5. we can go to a ktv because we need a distraction from the busy work.

我们可以去ktv,因为在繁忙工作之余我们也需要娱乐。

6. i can't keep track of this song.

我跟不上这首歌的节奏。

也可以这样说:

i can't keep up with this song.

酒吧里的狂欢

dialogue

jerry got a promotion just now. he invited his colleagues to have a celebration.

杰瑞刚刚得到升职。他邀请同事们到酒吧庆祝。

bartender: can i get you something to drink?

酒保:请问要不要喝点什么?

jerry: sure. please give us a dozen of dark beers first.

杰瑞:当然。请给我们来一打黑啤。

bartender: enjoy yourselves.

酒保:请尽情享用。

jerry: thank you.

杰瑞:谢谢。

susan: may i propose a toast to jerry's promotion! congrattions, jerry.

苏珊:我提议为杰瑞的提升干杯!祝贺你,杰瑞。

jerry: thank you! cheers! please have a ball tonight. it's my treat.

杰瑞:谢谢!干杯!大家今晚尽情地狂欢吧,我请客。

susan: of course you would. now you are our executive.

苏珊:你当然要请客。现在你可是我们的主管。

jerry: it's due to your help and cooperation. what else would you like to drink?

杰瑞:这都归功于你们的帮助和协作。你们还要喝点什么?

susan: give me a scotch on the rocks.

苏珊:请给我来杯加冰块的苏格兰威士忌酒。

jerry: no problem. what about you, tom?

杰瑞:没问题。你呢,汤姆?

tom: a tequ sunrise will do. thank you.

汤姆:一杯龙舌兰日出好了。谢谢。

jerry: you are wele. please don't just sit here and drink. look over there. the dance floor is already packed with people. want to go and join them?

杰瑞:你太客气了。不要只坐在这喝酒啊。看那边,舞池里已经挤满了人了。想去和他们一起跳吗?

tom: of course. let's go.

汤姆:当然了。我们去吧。

notes

1. dark beer 黑啤酒

2. have a ball 狂欢

3. scotch [sk?t?] adj. 苏格兰(人,语)的;节俭的,小气的;n. 苏格兰人;苏格兰语;苏格兰威士忌酒

4. on the rocks 加冰块;触礁

5. tequ [t?'ki:l?] n. 蒸馏酒,龙舌兰酒

6. be packed with 塞满;挤满

小贴士

外国名酒小常识

1. cocktail(鸡尾酒)是一种量少而冰镇的酒,比如highball, martini和margarita都由一种烈性酒(liquor)和甜酒(liqueur)调制而成。

2. vodka(伏特加)以谷物或马铃薯为原料,经过蒸馏和活性炭过滤,使酒质更加晶莹澄澈,无色且清淡爽口,给人的感觉是不甜、不苦、不涩,只有烈焰般的刺激,这是伏特加酒独具一格的特色。

3. rum(莱姆酒)也叫糖酒,它以蔗糖作原料,先制成糖蜜,然后再经发酵、发馏,在橡木桶中储存3年以上而成。酒液有white, amber, brown即白、琥珀色和棕色三种颜色。其中属amber rum 最贵,因为其加工的工艺较其他更复杂。

4. gin(金酒)又名杜松子酒,是世界第一大类的烈酒。

5. scotch whisky(苏格兰威士忌)用经过干燥,泥炭熏焙产生独特香味的大麦芽作酵造原料制成。贮存15年到20年的酒色泽棕黄带红,清澈透亮,气味焦香,带有浓烈的烟味,为最优质的成品酒。

舞会怎能没有舞伴

dialogue

tony wants to invite his friend ie to be his partner.

托尼想邀请他的朋友麦琪做他的舞伴。

tony: hi, ie. i'm so d to meet you. i need your help.

托尼:嗨,麦琪。真高兴见到你。我需要你的帮忙。

ie: how can i help you?

麦琪:我能帮你什么?

tony: our pany will hold a party this saturday evening. could you be my dancing partner?

托尼:我们公司要在这周六晚上举行一场舞会。你能做我的舞伴吗?

ie: i'd like to, but i'm afraid i'm not much of a dancer.

麦琪:我很乐意,但是我不是很会跳舞。

tony: don't worry. i can teach you. which dance do you like best?

托尼:不用担心,我会教你的。你最喜欢哪种舞蹈?

ie: i like tango best. it's such a beautiful dance, but i can't do it well.

麦琪:我最喜欢探戈。探戈舞姿很优雅,但是我跳得不是很好。

tony: are you free now? may i invite you for a dance? just a practice.

托尼:你现在有时间吗?我能请你跳支舞吗?只是个小练习。

ie: ok, what should i do? i'm afraid that i'll step on your foot.

麦琪:好吧,我该怎么做?我担心会踩到你的脚。

tony: no, you won't. let's begin. you just follow me.

托尼:不,你不会的。我们开始吧。跟着我的节拍走。

ie: do you often dance? you are dancing so well.

麦琪:你经常跳舞吗?你跳得很棒。

tony: yes, because dancing is a good way to rx. you did it excellently. you have a talent for it.

托尼:是啊,跳舞是放松的好方式。你做得很好,很有跳舞的天分。

notes

1. tango ['t??g?u] n. 探戈舞,探戈舞曲;v. 跳探戈舞

2. step on 踩,踏

3. talent ['t?l?nt] n. 天资,才能;人才

小贴士

1. may i have the pleasure of the first dance?

我能有幸和你跳第一支舞吗?

也可以这样说:

may i have the first dance?

2. may i invite you for the next dance?

我可以请你跳下一支舞吗?

3. i don't feel like dancing any more. i'm tired now.

我不想再跳舞了。我现在累了。

4. look, that girl dances like an animal.

看,那个女孩跳舞跳得很疯狂。

5. she has mania for dancing. she has been dancing with others all the evening.

她是个舞迷,整个晚上都在跳舞。

6. oh, i admire your gracefulness. can you teach me how to dance?

噢,我欣赏你的优美舞姿。你能教我跳舞吗?

7. i'm sorry. i think i'll sit out the next dance.

不好意思,我想坐一会儿,等过了下只舞吧。